Vision and Aims
Downside’s vision, as a Catholic and Benedictine school with Christ at its centre, is to be a bright light in education and to inspire service in our world.
- To guide pupils and staff to encounter Christ through experience of a Benedictine community of faith
- To be uncompromising in the pursuit of academic excellence
- To foster a culture of unselfish love, integrity, humility and leadership through service
- To develop the character and confidence of young people through sport and co-curricular opportunities
- To develop the school community’s facilities and resources through strategic stewardship.
‘Pupils demonstrate excellent communication.’
ISI REPORT 2018