Vision and Aims
Downside School’s vision – as a leading Catholic school – is to be a bright light in the world of education, illuminating the lives of young people and inspiring service in the world through experience of Benedictine culture. It enables pupils and staff to develop their own identity through experience of a community with Christ as its centre.
- To guide pupils and staff to encounter Christ through experience of a Benedictine community of faith
- To be uncompromising in the pursuit of academic excellence
- To foster a culture of unselfish love, integrity, humility and leadership through service
- To develop the character and confidence of young people through sport and co-curricular opportunities
- To develop the school community’s facilities and resources through strategic stewardship.
‘Pupils demonstrate excellent communication.’
ISI REPORT 2018