Applying to Oxbridge
Downside provides outstanding guidance and support for pupils applying to Oxford and Cambridge as well as Ivy League and other international universities.
Oxford and Cambridge UCAS Applications
We have a dedicated member of staff Dr Alison Jeffries, herself an ex Oxford Don, who is our UCAS co-ordinator. Her role is to give our pupils the best preparation possible for their university applications. There is a strict timetable of deadlines which all pupils are clear on to make the process focussed and well managed.
- All pupils have a weekly meeting with their subject mentor.
- They engage in intellectual conversation on topical issues.
- Mock Admissions Tests with analysis and guidance.
- Preparation of marked work for submission.
- Provision of qualified and experience tutors for specific areas eg. Oriental Languages.
- Mock Interviews with suitably qualified and experienced individuals invited in.