Downside Abbey

The Benedictine Monastic Community

Downside School

The Catholic School for pupils 11 - 18

Old Gregorians

The Community for old boys and girls

Monastery at Downside Abbey and the Benedictine community

Mass times in local parishes

SUMMARY OF MASS TIMES

Saturdays
6.00 p.m.


Vigil Mass at Holy Ghost Church, Midsomer Norton
Sundays
8.00 a.m.
9.30 a.m.
10.00 a.m. 
10.30 a.m. 
11.00 a.m. 
6.00 p.m.

Stratton-on-the-Fosse
Radstock
Downside Abbey
Norton St Philip
Midsomer Norton
Stratton-on-the-Fosse

Holidays of Obligation
7.30 a.m.
9.30 a.m.
10.00 a.m. 
6.00 p.m.
Stratton-on-the-Fosse
Midsomer Norton
Downside Abbey
Radstock and Norton St Philip

 

 


Chilcompton Parish

In 1938 a chapel dedicated to St Aldhelm, Abbot of Malmesbury and Bishop of Sherborne, who died at Doulting in Somerset, was opened.

Read more >>

 


Holcombe Parish

The Catholic parish of Holcombe was started as a Mass centre in 1925 by Dom Leander Donovan.

Read more >>

 


Midsomer Norton Parish

The Church is a former 15th Century barn built by Merton Priory to store the harvest from the grange lands they held in the village.

Read more >>

 


Norton St Philip Parish

The Catholic parish of Norton St Phiilip was started in the village in 1913 by Dom Ambrose Agius as a Mass centre from the newly founded mission in Radstock.

Read more >>

 


Radstock Parish

The building was formerly a church barn, as at Midsomer Norton.

Read more >>

 


Stratton-on-the-fosse parish

Stratton-on-the-Fosse is our oldest local parish.

WITH NEWSLETTER AVAILABLE EACH WEEK

Read more >>

 


Beccles

The Mission in Beccles goes back to 1870, when a recent convert, John Kenyon, who was staying at nearby Gillingham Hall went to Mass in Bungay and wanted to build a church in Beccles.

Read more >>

 

Bungay

The parish of St Edmund, King and Martyr, grew out of the Flixton Mission.

Read more >>

 

Little Malvern

There was a Benedictine Priory at Little Malvern in the Middle Ages, and when its lands came into Catholic hands, Little Malvern Court became a centre for recusancy, and Mass continued to be celebrated there.

Read more >>